Knowledge Management in Bioinformatics is a research area covering all methods for the management and analysis of complex biological data sets. Our professorship at Humboldt Universität was established in October 2002.
- (Biomedical) Data Integration
Software & systems: Columba, PiPa, Aladin, VisQi, PhenomicsDB, DARQ
Projects: SOAMED, EUMED, T-SYS, Persons,PREDICT
- (Biomedical) Text Mining and Information Retrieval / Extraction
Software & systems: CellFinder Resources, ChemSpot, GeneView, AliBaba, BC-VisCon
Projects: CellFinder, VirtualLiver, METRIK, OncoPath, BioPatent Mining
- Analysis of Biological Networks
Software & systems: GRIPP
Projects: ColoNet, ProSiTu, OncoPath, T-Sys
- Statistical Analysis of High-Throughput Biomedical Datasets, like Gene Chips, Next Generation Sequencing, CHiP etc.
Software & systems: LymphomExplorer
Projects: TRR-54, ColoNet, ProSiTu, T-Sys, BSIO, MAP-TOR-NET
- Big Data: Scalability and Expressiveness of Scientific Workflows
Software & systems:
Projects: SOAMED, Stratosphere, BioBankCloud, SAASFEE